We’ve been up to a few things…
To say we’ve “Been busy” doesn’t seem to justify not posting some of the great things that have happened in our shop since January. I am making a list and adding some photos just to prove that some things have *Sweetened up* around these parts.
Here’s our list:
1. Went to visit Mellow Johnny’s in Austin, Texas to see some of the wheels we’ve built on Beloved bicycles.
2. Changed our name in favor of something a little sweeter
3. Volunteered with a great program in Gresham, OR called “Wheelz”. This program was started by two dedicated teachers who were also cyclists. The program meets twice a week after school and its mission is to help middle school kids ride safely with traffic and pedestrians, learn to maintain their bikes and have fun through fitness. We showed up and showed them how to true wheels…and they did great!
4. Moved our shop. We octupled in size. Literally. We moved from our 64 square foot studio in SE Portland to our new space in N Portland on Williams. In addition to the extra square footage and showroom we are sharing our space with Sweetpea Bicycles.
5. We taught our first Wheel Building and Wheel Truing classes with great success. No tears being shed in the process=great success.
6. We were featured in PELOTON MAGAZINE (Feb-Mar 2011 pg. 114). We are less than 100 pages from Eddie Merckx!
And whilest we have been busy, we’ve maintained our love for helping you find the perfect ride, our curiosity about hand-built wheels, and our insatiable love for the open road. We hope you’ve been well. Stop in and see us at our new location!!